Draping is a technique of great manuality that allows you to build a garment directly on the mannequin without using the pattern.
Many great contemporary fashion designers own this fascinating technique. Draping course is aimed to all creative figures: Fashion Designers, Pattern Makers and Dressmakers. The course provides you all the techniques and procedures in order to accomplish a project.
- Draping course presentation, history and use of the fashion technique
- Necessary tools for the Draping realization
- Study and measurement of the mannequin and the human figure – the lines marking
- Fabrics structure: straight line and bias
- Fabric placement on the mannequin
- Pinning of the fabric and fabric marking
- Study of basic bodice and exercise through the use of muslin
- Study and exercise on the various transformations
- Study and exercises of simple and complex draping
- Study and exercise of various apparel lines and structures in the history of fashion till nowadays
- Study and research for preparation of student’s own sketch
- Realization of the sketch through the Draping technique with the muslin
- Transfer of the model from muslin to paper
- Final realization of the sketch in fabric
Lesson duration: 3 hours
Duration: 1 month - Weekly lessons: 8
Duration: 2 months - Weekly lessons: 4
Duration: 4 months - Weekly lessons: 2
Fees and Funding
Please contact us for more information about Fees and Funding.
How to Apply
If you wish to enroll please request your application form. Once your application has been accepted we will reserve your place for your chosen date for up to 30 days. At the same time you will be required to provide identity documentation and to pay a registration fee. If your application is denied, we will notify you of the reason for denial or we will simply offer you the option of a different start date for your course. Upon receiving the required documents, we will send you the certificate of enrollment and an invoice.